Did you know that on a Monday, most of us don’t crack our first smile until 11:16 a.m.
That’s completely understandable as most of us wish we were back in our beds. But it might make the day pass smoother if we extended our cheeks to either side and flashed our teeth out in public. It just might change your day. Or someone else’s for all you know.
Today’s Monday’s motivation quote is:
A warm smile is the universal language of kindness – William Arthur Ward
So smile. Find a reason to smile for today. Be it your morning coffee, your favourite song playing on the radio or your phone, a bloody good cheese sandwich or even the thought of leaving work/school as soon as it’s time.
Also, here are a few health benefits of smiling.
- LIVE LONGER: Smiling can add 7 years to your life.
- PAIN THRESHOLD: Smiling reduces the affects of pain and aggression.
- MORE SUCCESSFUL: On average, smilers are more contented and successful.
- STRONGER IMMUNE SYSTEM: Boosts HGH (human growth hormone) production and reduces cancer risk.
- REDUCES STRESS: Neuropeptides (neuronal signaling molecules that influence the activity of the brain in specific ways – funky, right?) are released, lowering blood pressure and anxiety.
Have a decent Monday.
P.S. I’m now craving a grilled cheese sandwich.